Injured or what? Anglefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littlebitlarisa

Aquarium Advice Regular
Seems depressed staying off to herself, has little appitite, and has what is shown in pictures. It looks like she is missing flesh. Is this a injury, disease, parasite or what? I dosed with Melaflix when I found her but not sure if that will help as I do not know what's going on. She does not seem to be being picked on and I have a juvinile anglefish in the same tank and that one is fine along with all the other fish. In the tank there are lemon tetras, cories, cherry barbs, 1 bolivian ram, and a clown pleco. It is a 46gallon.

Thanks!

That's what it appears to be to me. It seems to have white stuff like I have seen on fish with ich also.

Can you please post your water parameters and water change schedule? Diet? How long has this wound been present? Do you have access to a qt tank? Some more more information will help us to help you better!

Just checked as ammonia and nitrite are at 0 but nitrate is at 40ppm. Double checked my tap and it is 40 as well. It used to run between 10 and 20ppm. I do weekly water changes. I have laxed sometimes and done biweekly when I have been very busy but that's not been recent. I have a aqua clear 70 filter. Which I rinse out with my water changes. I do not have a way to quarantine but can up in a tank divider so no one messes with her. It does look a little better now but I have been dosing with melafix.

I feed every 2 days alternating between omega one cichlids flakes, aqueon cichlids pellets and occasionally she steals and alge wafer from the cories and clown plecto.

Back
Top Bottom