Injured Silver Dollar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jambar44

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my Silver Dollars injured itself recently after it took a fright thanks to a car wreck outside my front room. The injury is a half inch cut down it's side that stopped bleeding quickly then almost immediately turned red in the middle and white round the outer edges. I have dosed the tank with esha 2000 and the fish seems happy enough, im just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for anything else I can do to help him along?

I would take a wait and see approach. One of my fish did a head dive into a rock and opened up an impressive wound but it healed remarkably fast.

just keep your water parameters perfect and do water changes every few days. clean water is of the ut most importance to allow your fish to heal. i wouldn't add anything to the tank at this time. just test water everyday to make sure your parameters are right and do water changes everyday or every other day. change out about 25%. it's better to do smaller water changes more frequently than large changes once a week. i do a water change every 3 days and so far i haven't had any problems with my fish. i know you can't help it if a fish gets hurt but frequent water changes will protect your fish from illness. good luck and i hope your silver dollar recovers quickly. :)

thanks for the advice. The tank is well established and water quality is good I usually do 20% twice a week. I think I'll do an extra one till its healed though.

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom