Inline UV Sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

incloud

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a gfo/carbon reactor from BRS and intend to run it with the MJ12 it came with through my return section in sump. What I'm thinking and could use feedback is to add a UV Sterilizer inline with the reactor. I'm not sure if this is wise or a better way to do so? Rather than add another pump, would running it inline with the reactor be the most efficient setup? My intention is to have my return water as pristine as possible. Though I have read bringing the outlet from the UV back to the skimmer intake would also help. That's why I'm asking here. Any ideas or suggestions are gratefully welcomed! Thanks...

Is this a reef tank? If so, I wouldn't use a UV sterilizer at all. It's not going to make the water any cleaner. Instead it's just going to kill whatever passes through it, pods and beneficial life as well. The return area is where you want pods and such to make it to the return pump to go back to the display. I don't know if I would want an obstacle like that at all.

Back
Top Bottom