Insane API readings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think many will disagree about WC's. Actually I know a lot won't. I've done full 100% on my $150 a piece fish in QT and have had no problems at all. They love it really. Easiest way to think about it is like taking a shower. How many times have your worn clothes in there ? I bet none. The BB. Is in your filter and some may be stuck to the sides of the glass, but that's a highly debatable opinion that I have no proof of. Spelling from experience, I know water changes are key. Both large volume and often. I mean just look at these in my QT. View attachment 231755

They look absolutely beautiful, & not knocking u by no means cause i hate it when ppl do it to me, but wldnt some type of flowering, ornaments, gravel, sand ect do them some good so they would be at "home". ?

They look absolutely beautiful, & not knocking u by no means cause i hate it when ppl do it to me, but wldnt some type of flowering, ornaments, gravel, sand ect do them some good so they would be at "home". ?

Thanks. And I understand where you're coming from so no offense taken. I have nothing in any of my tanks for a few reasons. This is my QT here that they can come out of shortly. Been 5 weeks and one more with the least favorite from my DT and they get moved. Right now, plants are a PITA !!! Well okay, I have one sword and some fern looking thing floating in the DT. No substrate prevents missing any detritus from not getting sucked up and allows me to see if there is anything else that's not normal. Also helps keep the bio load down reducing my stress levels. I'm more in the k.i.s.s. mode for now and when I get out of this place and can put up one of the other 6 that I have in storage I may go with a biotope. I'm still trying to decide which big one will be the SW and FW. Either the 180 or the 265.

What's your ph at? Anything below 6.4 slows down the beneficial bacteria while it stops completely at 6.0.

Next to look at is your substrate. Sand or gravel? If you're using gravel are you being sure to clean it regularly?

Lastly, what does your tap water test at?

Back
Top Bottom