Instant Ocean salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you just use a small filter bag and put it in your filter?

I have an Ehiem Ecco 2334, it has 3 media compartments, the bottm one has a large particle pad & then the next section has poly filter then GAC on top of that with a layer of poly filter to keep it in place... & finally the top section has poly filter 250ml of rowaphos & another layer of poly!

Cheers Shelton.

Well, I put my rowphos in a bag in the top compartment, so I guess I'll put the carbon in a bag in the 2nd :p

Is it possible to over-use carbon, ie. put too much in and negatively affect your tank?

Er pass! honestly don't know, read in a book that 6 tablespoons was good for my size tank?

I would think so, but I think you'd need a real lot of it? If you think about the size compartments that skimmers have for running media then you'd be hard pushed to get more than about 9 tablespoons in one of those?

Cheers Shelton.

I'll do the same as you I think, 6 tablespoons. My tank is a bit bigger but if you're safe with 6, I'll do that :p

Back
Top Bottom