Instruction on UV sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr_girlfriend

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a Jebo 13 watt UV sterilizer, however it came with no instructions :roll:
Does anyone know how to hook this up?

Well it needs to go inline with a pump (maybe one that leads to a water feature?). What organism are you trying to get rid of because that will let you know what your flow rate should be. I would e-mail the company & get info from them because it is important to keep the quartz lenz really clean as well as the bulbs and they will have specific instructions for setup & how to tighten the rig without breaking your lenz.

The one I plumbed in I did with PVC pipe but I am sure they all come with different arrangements.

well it came with a powerhead, a sponge and the unit itself. I was actually thinking of using it on an aquarium if I could get it set up properly. Good idea to contact them, hopefully someone will answer! If I can't get it set up I'll probably just sell it. Thanks for answering FG!

just a warning do not run the water to fast through the pump i did that to my pond and it was no good it has to run through the light at a slow rate of speed to work look up the name of the pump on line then find the web page they are very helpful good luck

Yep if you run the water through too fast then the organisms (algae or parasites) that you want to kill won't get enough of a dose of UV light to zap them. Someone had a question about this recently & I found a table online that listed the length of time that any particular organism has to be exposed to kill it. I don't remember the source exactly but you should find it if you search.

The standard rate of flow through U.V.filters is 66gall per hour per watt
I.E. 15watt u.v. 990 gallons per hour This rule does not apply to u.v.'s with a spiralling action in the water chamber they can take more gallonage through. Calcs in imperial gall not u.s.gallons.
Trust this helps.

just another warning you need to have some sort of filter after the light to catch the dead allege if you do not you will be feeding the dead allege the the living allege in the pond and defeating the purpose of the light

Back
Top Bottom