Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all. I am currently a newbie when it comes to fish and aquariums. I had a few beta fish in the 90's :D Boy have things changed.

Anyway my son currently has a beta in a 3 gallon aquarium (which is too small I know). We didn't know before we bought it and getting hubby to replace it after all of the money spent on hermit crabs and fish. He seems happy and we monitor his water and have a good pump and filter in there.

I wanted one for the kitchen downstairs but that seems to have turned into a 15 gallon column aquarium. We are currently cycling it. If I could return it I would. Too deep for a beta, doesn't seem long enough for neon tetras (that is what is in there now), and I am afraid guppies (while very pretty) would have little fishes is that true?

Anyway I am looking for where to post and learn and for any advice as to what to put in this darn tank. It is 13.5 x 13.5 x 24" high.

I hope to find some info here any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
Jana

jlbfish said:
Hello all. I am currently a newbie when it comes to fish and aquariums. I had a few beta fish in the 90's :D Boy have things changed.

Anyway my son currently has a beta in a 3 gallon aquarium (which is too small I know). We didn't know before we bought it and getting hubby to replace it after all of the money spent on hermit crabs and fish. He seems happy and we monitor his water and have a good pump and filter in there.

I wanted one for the kitchen downstairs but that seems to have turned into a 15 gallon column aquarium. We are currently cycling it. If I could return it I would. Too deep for a beta, doesn't seem long enough for neon tetras (that is what is in there now), and I am afraid guppies (while very pretty) would have little fishes is that true?

Anyway I am looking for where to post and learn and for any advice as to what to put in this darn tank. It is 13.5 x 13.5 x 24" high.

Thanks!
Jana

Welcome,

You could do one sex of guppies or mollies. If you didn't want babies

Welcome. The betta will be fine in the 15g as long as there isn't a strong current, and there are resting places for him.

Thanks!
Jana

:welcome: to Aquarium Advice!

If you don't want baby Guppies, just make sure you only have males. Males generally have the longer, more colorful fins. You could try all females, but they may already be pregnant when you buy them, and they will continue to have batches of babies for months and months.

Back
Top Bottom