Inverts and calcium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mashpotatoes74402

Aquarium Advice Freak
Do I need to supplement calcium to help them grow? I see pictures of these huge crayfish and snails.

I don't know anything about crayfish but you do with snails, from what I've read. I give my black mystery snail kale for that purpose, and he is growing steadily bigger!

What is kale?

Kale is a vegetable. Leafy green. You will find it in most grocery stores. To feed it to snails, blanch it in boiling water for 3 minutes. or you can stick it in some water in a bowl, and put it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. blanching is just to soften it so the snail can eat it.

Kale is delicious for humans too! :)

In my opinion, its very beneficial to add some calcium rich food since shrimps and crayfish molt a lot. I am not sure how much calcium is lost during molts and how much is taken back if any parts of exoskeleton is eaten, but its a nice reassurance.

In my opinion, its very beneficial to add some calcium rich food since shrimps and crayfish molt a lot. I am not sure how much calcium is lost during molts and how much is taken back if any parts of exoskeleton is eaten, but its a nice reassurance.

I agree, adding cuddle bone to the tank also helps allot.

You can buy these things on eBay called mineral rocks. Find the ones sold by the seller Aquatic Magic... These are great for calcium.

Just add limestone and or Marble to the tank and or filter. The main mineral in those rocks are calcite.

Cuddle bone is 2 for a dollar adds calicum and other minerals. It's also very easy to find at any petstore. Easiest way to go.

Back
Top Bottom