Iridescent shark - Fins are Gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

realdeal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The fins of my shark have gradually disappeared over the last several weeks. I thought maybe another fish was nipping on them but that is not the case. He actually swims very well and eats like a horse.

What gives?

I have a fish like that too. Started when he was a tike a few years ago. His tail has partially grown back but the side fins and top fin(s) are gone. No other fish has ever shown any ill effects. No idea why.

I do know that he eats like a horse. Steals most of the sinking pellets before they can even hit the ground for the bottom feeders. He swims basically fine though sometimes looks a tad odd.

Other than that he has seems happy, fat and fun loving for the years of his life. I worried at first then just paid it no attention at all. My little 'special' fish. *sniff sniff* You'll never know the joy a fish with a special gift can bring you until you have one *sniff sniff*

Other than that, nope.. no idea

Disagree. If you can't identify the symptoms I wouldn't treat tank with any meds. One recommended is for gram positive, the other gram negative. Is it both? or one?

BTW, Colummaris is an infection not a disease.

No one has helped him but us and there are no pics posted.

going thru my books fin disingration/disappearance relates directly to those two fish infections/diseases. It was pretty much the only thing that I found for the way the fishes fins are described.

Please educate if you got different info, Any info is better then none.

Treating something that does not exist may be more harmful than no treatment at all.

No one knows if it does exist or not, I am just looking for more info to help him out a bit with this.

Fins just dont disappear, there is something wrong in that tank or with that fish.

Back
Top Bottom