Is a Bolivian ram suitable for my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thranduillion

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all,

I have a 38 g, mature, heavily planted tank currently stocked with 1 dwarf gourami, 9 glow light tetras, 1 guppy, 1 platy, otos and julii Cory catfish (and cherry, Amano and ghost shrimp and snails). It receives weekly water changes of ~30% w/nitrate, nitrite and ammonia all at 0, soft water and pH of 6.2. I have created a variety of hiding places and swim through spaces with mopani wood, driftwood, rock and plants. I feed a mix of Omega One lineup (flakes, pellets, shrimp pellets, algae wafers), frozen food and live food (microworm, white worm, fruit fly).

Would a Bolivian ram be suitable for my tank? I'm mostly concerned for my glow light tetras and bottom dwellers (corys, ottos and shrimp).

Thank you for any help!

Shouldn't be an issue IMO. The only thing I'm not sure about is the shrimp. But I've kept bolivian rams with corydoras and tetras in a smaller tank. They're as tame as cichlids get in my experience.

They'll be a great addition, mine don't bother anyone but each other, they bicker but it's harmless. While they don't bug my enormous amano shrimp I can't see them ignoring little cherries.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom