Is a UV sterilizer safe for a planted tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AC-X2

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone,

I've been having algae...lots and lots of algae in my tanks. One of which is a planted tank. I've been considering purchasing a UV sterilizer for them, but I'm not sure if it's safe for the planted tank. Any advice?

Thanks!

Hi wyatt_o,

I recently was asking this very question and with some research could find no reason why it would not be, that being said I have never used one but I was convinced enough about the benefits to purchase one.

Hi wyatt_o,

I recently was asking this very question and with some research could find no reason why it would not be, that being said I have never used one but I was convinced enough about the benefits to purchase one.

Well then I think I'll get one soon. All this algae is driving me crazy! I'll spend two hours cleaning it, then five days later it's right back where it was.

Yeah I have the same issues and because I am out of town so much and my sitter isn't capable of doing the proper maintenance I figured why not give it a try. Just purchased a secondary canister filter with the Sterilizer built into it, should be getting it next week.

Yeah I have the same issues and because I am out of town so much and my sitter isn't capable of doing the proper maintenance I figured why not give it a try. Just purchased a secondary canister filter with the Sterilizer built into it, should be getting it next week.

Sounds good

Back
Top Bottom