Is aquaclears ammonia and nitrite remover insert good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it good stuff or should I pass it up for my aquaclear 110

It doesn't hurt only if you keep buying it to help sustain your tank. If you stop, then your fish will be at high risk of death.

If you don't use it, then stay away from it. You will end up not having any problems at all.

Most people pass.

HTH, and keep up with the weekly water changes.

Okay will probably just get 2 foam inserts and 1 bio max insert does this sound good

you don't really need to buy anything in addition to what the aquaclear package gives you. Save the carbon until its really needed.

i never used the stuff. you shouldn't need it unless something is killing off your beneficial bacteria. If you really want some thing to help remove the ammonia and nitrite and nitrates get some live plants. Also you only need to use the carbon to remove medications after treatments on the tank.

it should come with a sponge and ceramic bio-rings or whatever they call it. You can add filter floss if you want to really clear the water but you would have to maintenance the filter more often.

The foam pad the 110 comes with is overkill as far as it's size, I cut mine in half.(long ways) So I use half the foam pad and two bags of the bio rings. All 4 of the 110's I run are done like this.

I tried that but thought the water looked clearer with the whole pad. Just remove the carbon and add Nother sponge or more of the biomax things...

Okay then guys thanks I will get foam pad and 2 biomax inserts.

Oh yah also can you use aquaclear inserts like biomax in other filters

Back
Top Bottom