Is Chum a boy or girl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afink1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone help with sexing my rainbow shark. First pic is him (I assumed) as a baby in case its easier to sex when young. Screenshot_20180424-211032.jpgIMG_20180508_205831630.jpg

Wider shape and larger body like a triangle shape says female to me. But can't see the dorsal fin very well - if it is pointed likely male or rounded likely female. Same with the tip/top edge of the ventral fin...

Disclaimer: Not a Rainbow shark expert ;)

Wider shape and larger body like a triangle shape says female to me. But can't see the dorsal fin very well - if it is pointed likely male or rounded likely female. Same with the tip/top edge of the ventral fin...

Disclaimer: Not a Rainbow shark expert ;)
Thanks. I'm terrible at figuring that stuff out. They all look the same to me. Lol.

I had a beautiful Red Tail Shark which I could never figure out why it was so pale only to later be able for it to be ID'd as a female which only get grey not black, but with the Albino, you don't have the color as a helper.

Maybe someone with the experience of a positive ID. From the shape in the "baby" pic it seems narrow and more torpedo shaped but in the older age pic it just seems big and rounder, maybe just a little shape difference from the RTS. The under belly would be more flat if male not really round.

I had a beautiful Red Tail Shark which I could never figure out why it was so pale only to later be able for it to be ID'd as a female which only get grey not black, but with the Albino, you don't have the color as a helper.

Maybe someone with the experience of a positive ID. From the shape in the "baby" pic it seems narrow and more torpedo shaped but in the older age pic it just seems big and rounder, maybe just a little shape difference from the RTS. The under belly would be more flat if male not really round.
Yea my girlfriend thought it was a female too from pics. My shark has some sas so I'm not surprised that she is female. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom