Is Gill sick or is this old age?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover99

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is grumpy Gill. According to everything I can find on aging your betta says he was a mature male when I got him. Actually when I First took Gill home I had no clue he was red and purple metallic pastelish in color. Now he has lost his hump and alot of color this happened of a period of a few weeks. Now his eyes are white or are growing a white film over them. I have had Gill for over a year now. I just want to make sure he is good. He still really active, he isn't hiding. He wants food all the time ( that's not new,lol.) His water is good. He has always lived in a lower pH of 6 6.5. He has soft water of about 75ppm. He has zero ammonia and wicked low nitrates. His tank is planted he has 2 or 3 cherry shrimp. I started with 3 I think I can only see 2 left. They have been in there with Gill for a month now, one mystery snail which I will be removing soon it's getting pretty big. He also has 2 oto cats. This is a 3 gallon 360 tall. This has been the only tank Gill has known. I tried a five gallon about 6- months ago and he chewed his fins and got really depressed. I put him back in the 3 gallon and he perked up and healed up extremely well. He mostly gets frozen foods for he a carnivore. They do get betta pellets time to time or tropical micro pellets. Again I haven't even seen betta's eyes do this with age. He has lost color. He isn't as bright. I have waited a bunch of pics of him. As you can see he still very interested in what mommy is doing at his tank. He is my boy and the one that started all my betta keeping. Has anyone experienced this at all? IMG_20190228_092303.jpgIMG_20190228_092348.jpg1551364847739.jpg1551364923349.jpg1551364967703.jpg

Back
Top Bottom