Is it edible? Ghost shrimp indigestion.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

musicman

Aquarium Advice Activist
When I planted my tank I ended up using a potted plant which I removed from the pot. When I placed it in the tank some of the light brown dense material that was in the pot ended up in the tank. It was too small to try to fish out of the tank, I figured I'd get it out durring my next gravel vac.

Yesterday morning, when I was observing my fish, I noticed some of that potting material in the stomach of my largest ghost shrimp. Its not the color of any of the fishfood or the substrate. Its a pretty big particle and It hasn't changed location in the inside of the shrimp for well over a day now.

I wonder and then I worry. :confused:
- Is the potted plant material edible / digestible?
- Is there anything that I can do about it?

How do you know it's the potting material?

I paid attention to my ghost shrimp last night after reading this post, and noticed that his stomic looks the same color as that potting material. But I know my ghost shrimp is feeding on what goldfish food left overs he can scroung.

I don't know. I am making an assumption.

I can't find where the piece of potting material went. It was sitting on the bottom of the tank for over a week, then it appeared to be inside of my largest ghost shrimp. None of my other ghost shrimp have that color on their insides.

Back
Top Bottom