Is it ok if i put a blood parrot in my heavy planted tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will probably uproot them. Blood Parrots are hybrids of Central American cichlids and have most of their bad habits....including tank re-arranging.

Yeah; agreeing with Fuitbat over here. I've got Kribs (African cichlids) and they're notorious uprooters/rearrangers. They mess with my plants sooo much... grr... I'd say no on the Blood Parrots...

Had a Blood Parrot some years back in an African Cic. tank. He rearranged the tank on a daily bases, along with the rest of the Africans. Might want to shy away from them if you want any plants.

Maybe all those Cichlids should become interior designers.

Since they have such an eye for design, that is.

alright thanks guys :mrgreen: because my bro is sold his 125gal tank and now my little brother's parrot has no where to go. We'll probably trade it in for store credits or something.

BTW my bro is selling his fish, if anyone is interested PM me. He doesn't want to ship them so if you're interested you can just pick them up here.

1 black ghost knife
2 gold severums 4"
4 brichardi [2 of them just spawned and now we have like 20+ frys inthe tank and they're all 2 weeks old. They do a great job from keeping the other fish away from their babies 8O ]
1 turquoise severum 3"

I have 2 3" clown loaches in the tank which i'm going to trade in the LFS for store credit so i can finally get 2 pairs of peruvian puffers.

Back
Top Bottom