is it ok to add a school of albino cories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piao liang yu

Aquarium Advice Freak
Currently in my 60 gallon long i have:

16 neon tetras
2 red wag platies
3 guppies
4 otocinclus
4 red cherry shrimp
2 soon to be 3 polka dot loaches aka angelicus botia

Would adding six or more albino cory catffish be too much competition for algae and detritus?

Also, how would cherry barbs do with what i currently have. I would like to add another middle swimming school. If i got a school of 12 or more would that keep them peaceful or are they just too risky? Same question for rosy barbs, are either the cherry or rosy barbs ok in a large school as far as non aggression goes?

I think you should go with either loaches or corydoras. I don't know much about the cherry or rosy barbs but longfin zebra danios are very active and pretty peaceful

Cherry barbs should do fine with your current stock but do agree that you should pick between the loaches or cory's.

Well they only had eight cherry barbs left. Two of them were pretty red, the other six just had some red tint on their fins. Will they all get red also or is this a sexual dimorphism with cherry barbs? Males or females more red than the other maybe?? I went on ahead and got all eight. Will add to the school when they get more. Of course by then they will be full price, but i figure just four more would be good.

Back
Top Bottom