is my 24 nano overtstock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barcelona5602

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi, i will like to know if my tank is overstock. i have a 24 nanocube with 2 36watts pc with 10k bulbs. the tank has been running for 6 weeks. my water is at 0 amonia, 0 nitrite, 0 nitrate and salinity is 1.024. i do 5 gallons water change every week(buy water from pet store).
2 green chromis(since day one)
1 clownfish, ocelaris (nemo)
1 blood shrimp
1 skunk shrimp
1 coral banded shrimp
1 sallyfoot crab
1 emerald crab
2 porceland crab( i hevent seen them since i put them )
1 sun startfish
2 olive snails
8 turbo sanails
6 blue hermits crab
1 tree (i think is called hair brush)
few mushrooms and zoanthias
4 candy cane
and some kind of tree that is growing in the rock that the mushrooms came( it was not ther when i bought it)
evry thing looks fine but i notice that my candy cane are drying up and my clownfish got fin rot wich hopfully got cure with some peroxide that i aplaid yesterdy to it( it looks like it went well with the peroxide, the fish if acting normal )i have a bak pak skimmer

I think you should get rid of at least 5 turbo snails, because they do grow big, and they knock down coral alot, so maybe get rid of all except 2, and get like 3-5 nerite snails. You should have 1-2 shrimps and 1 -2 crabs in that aquarium. And it will be fine. I hav a 6 gallon nano cube and only inverts i have is 1 nerite snail, 1 nasarius snail, 1 blue leg hermit crab, scarlet reef hermit crab, and a hawaiian feather duster. This way everything has enough room to eat and roam.

If your readings are a constant 0 and your tankmates don't stress each other, then besides the growth of the earlier mentioned snails I'd say your good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom