Is my Betta tank alright?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexwm125

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got this tank from a friend. I calculated it to 3g. It's like those little cheapo ones from pet smart but a little deeper no idea where he got it, anyway. Is this alright for my Betta? He's been in there for a few months.

2x 75% water change weekly.

The reason I am wondering is there is a lot of conflicting info about there on Betta tank size. People say 1g (not happening) people say 10g. I just don't know.

He has seemed happy the whole time and by happy I mean very active, feeding well, good fins. So again is this ok?

29g Community

3g Betta

Most definitely that is a great tank for a Betta :) you may want to consider a small filter and heater tho :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh my bad I see now you do have a filter never mind LOL tank looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

For betta tank sizes, there are a lot of conflicting ideas about it. Personally, I don't choose to keep mine in under 2.5g. But, some people do. No matter what you decide, the best thing is to keep the water parameters in check. Smaller containers do mean more water changes. I often suggest larger tank because the reality of the situation is that many people will skimp on water changes and a bigger tank gives you more leeway. That said, you are already doing large, frequent water changes. I am sure your betta will be just fine in there. :)

Soley my opinion, but I personally wouldn't feel right about putting a betta in anyting under 10 gallons, and never have. If I were a betta, I'd be awfully bored in a 2 or 3 gallon tank.

Back
Top Bottom