is my java moss dying ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jetajockey said:
I suggest reading up on the DIY method very extensively, in that small of a tank you definitely run a risk of gassing any livestock that are in there if you aren't careful.

Ok, is there anyway I can reduce the amount of co2 produced in the bottle ?

ok so insted of using a 1/4 teaspoon how much should i use it, infact i think i might just use an airstone to encourage flow and gas exchange.

From what I understand, less yeast means it will produce CO² slower. They will usually start kinda slow, speed up the production in the middle, and slow down again near the end. One way to compensate for that and get an even flow of CO² is to use 2 smaller bottles, fill one the first week, and the other the second week, and change out each bottle every two weeks staggered like that.

If you're producing too much CO² you can reduce how much water/sugar/yeast slurry you add to each bottle.

Deep Seven said:
From what I understand, less yeast means it will produce CO² slower. They will usually start kinda slow, speed up the production in the middle, and slow down again near the end. One way to compensate for that and get an even flow of CO² is to use 2 smaller bottles, fill one the first week, and the other the second week, and change out each bottle every two weeks staggered like that.

If you're producing too much CO² you can reduce how much water/sugar/yeast slurry you add to each bottle.

+1 , if your co2 ever gets too high, add an airstone to try to gas it out and reduce the amount of co2.

Back
Top Bottom