is my java moss dying ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fishkeeper88 said:
I'd say just remove the brown strands. When was the last time you put plant fertilizer in the aquarium or changed the planted substrate? And what kind of light do you use?

Java moss doesn't require a substrate, just pointing that out. I agree with the pulling off the brown strands though. Is this new moss or has this been in your tank for a while?

New moss about 48hours old, am using 11w light in the 7gal tank. Never used fertilisers or changed substarte as tank is new. Shall I get a co2 diffuser ?

JavaMoss said:
New moss about 48hours old, am using 11w light in the 7gal tank. Never used fertilisers or changed substarte as tank is new. Shall I get a co2 diffuser ?

Co2 isn't needed, try a bit of fertilizer and a longer photo period. For fertilizer, micros and iron have always worked for my java moss. Also, make sure there's a good flow of water on the java moss. It loves moving water

JavaMoss said:
Ok I have very good water agetation and flow near it. Wouldn't it be worth tryin the co2 method seeming its only like $5 to give a go ?

I would try the co2 though, but considering my tank is a 55g, it's not really an option. What size tank do you have? And try the ferts Aswell because that's always worked for me, as well as good circulation which you already have

shadowstars123 said:
I would try the co2 though, but considering my tank is a 55g, it's not really an option. What size tank do you have? And try the ferts Aswell because that's always worked for me, as well as good circulation which you already have

Oh just saw that it's a 7 gallon. Definately try the co2 then.

JavaMoss said:
Don't meen to sound like a noob but why did it matter I have a 7gal, will that mean the co2 is more effective or somthing ?

Oh, it's just easier to keep stable rather than suppose, a diy on a 100 gallon.

JavaMoss said:
Ok that's good news l, what do you mean by stable ?

Keeping the amount of co2 coming out relatively the same, as the co2 has an effect on the water's pH, you don't want it changing too much

Ok I have had a good read of that, shall I use a 1.5l bottle seeming its only a small tank and will I have to change the brew cuz its a small tank ?

Back
Top Bottom