Is my Lyretail Silver Molly pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meganangeline

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had bought some mollies from walmart last Thursday and came home and my Lyretail Black Molly was having babies. Turns out all my mollies are female. My Silver Molly looks pretty round and I am wondering if she is pregnant. So, please help me :). Thank youuuuu!! :)

Can you get a pic? If so that would really help. But if she was in the Walmart tank with other males, than 95% chance she is pregnant.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I tried to put a picture with this post, I suppose it didn't work. How about now?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407127038.417358.jpg she doesn't like to stay still

Yep it looks like she's pregnant. Maybe 20-25 days until she gives birth. Until then you should cycle a fry tank or make sure there are plenty of plants for them to hide in. Mollies aren't the best moms. Because they like to eat their children :(

I bought I fry net. I have been trying to buy another aquarium for fry, but my grandma refuses since I have 4 tanks right now and they run the electricity bill up. And here are my other two mollies, I believe they may be pregnant too since mollies store sperm and stuffImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407127385.014654.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407127401.963500.jpg. Even though one of them just had babies a week ago she may be preggers again

Those two look pregnant as well. If you want the fry to survive get some floating plants that provide a lot of coverage. This way the mothers can't eat them. Unless you don't have the space.

I have only had 1 die the whole week they have been alive, it was because he/she (I can almost see what sex but kind of difficult) got stuck

Oh I know, that's why I'm thinking about still using the net, I have 5 mollies(3 female, 2 male) and 4 guppies and I don't trust them around the babies

Oh I know, that's why I'm thinking about still using the net, I have 5 mollies(3 female, 2 male) and 4 guppies and I don't trust them around the babies

Yeah they shouldn't be trusted. How big is your tank?

75G, my other fish aren't big enough to eat them

6 neon tetra
1pleco
3 corys
5 mollies
4 guppies

My black molly is swimming in place where the last molly had fry ;-;?

I planned on keeping a female from the babies

Back
Top Bottom