Is my pregnant guppy stressed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alvinsguppies

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had guppies for about 3-4 months. I have five neon tetras, 2 make guppies and one very health looking female guppy. I am pretty sure they are in tip top shape because they have been alive for the past 3-4 month, while other fish, have died. Don't know why, probably because of the cycles. So anyway, I didn't really save any babies for the first three months, until three and a half weeks ago when I was cleaning the fish tank and caught and saved 12. Now this time I don't want to be spending hours catching the little guys, so I got a 3 way breeder. I got the bigger one so they'll have more space in the breeder. Now Monday I noticed my female guppy was squared off, so I took the 3 week old babies out of the breeder and put them in a separate place so they'll be safe. Then I put the mama in the breeder. At first she was all fighting to get out, like the first 20 min. Then after that, I fed her and she was all cool, very calm, didn't try to get out. Now yesterday I had a problem with the place I had the babies in and just put them in the breeder with the mama. She doesn't seem to be touching them, and is very calm! Is this normal??? She is really healthy! No red dots by the mouth, she looked very health and was eating and pooping A LOT! So I'm just wondering, could she be stressed out? Is it good that she is calm?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390407739.131123.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390407773.563063.jpg

Back
Top Bottom