is my tank fully stocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menace71

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi all, this question has probably been asked a million times but im new to the hobby and just dont know what rule to follow.:banghead: i currently have a roma 240 with a fluval 306 filter running my current stock is 2 platty's, 2 bnpleco's, 5 xray tetras,4 dwarf gourami's and 4 bolivian rams. i do 2 partial water changes per week at 10% to 15% each time and my water params are ph 7.6 low range 7.4 high range, ammonia 0, nitrite o and nitrates 5/10 ppm.

hi all, this question has probably been asked a million times but im new to the hobby and just dont know what rule to follow.:banghead: i currently have a roma 240 with a fluval 306 filter running my current stock is 2 platty's, 2 bnpleco's, 5 xray tetras,4 dwarf gourami's and 4 bolivian rams. i do 2 partial water changes per week at 10% to 15% each time and my water params are ph 7.6 low range 7.4 high range, ammonia 0, nitrite o and nitrates 5/10 ppm.

No your tank isn't near being fully stocked :)

thanks for the reply perry and also for the link, looks like i might spend a bit of time working my stock levels out on it.

Aqadvisor is a good guideline resource to start with but some of it's advice can be wrong so it should be coupled with additional research.

A Roma 240 is 240 liters, not gallons, which is about 65 US gallons. You have some room for more fish, but don't go overboard :)

Back
Top Bottom