Is my tank over stocked ? I think it is :/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dec

Aquarium Advice Newbie
In a 65 litre tank i have :
2 GBR
2 dwarf gouramis
3 small harlequins
2 rummy nose tetras
3 corys and a kuhli loach

There is plenty of plants and alot of caves and i also have a good filter that can be used for a 110 litre tank

Its hard to really say a tank is overstocked unless its obvious that its inhabitants are uncomfortable.

Do the fish fight? Do they seem stressed? Do your water params check out alright? How often are you doing water changes?

Yes, you are overstocked..... more poorly stocked than overstocked. Your tank is roughly 16 gallons.

2 GBR - I don't know much about this species

2 dwarf gouramis - DGs need to be kept just one per tank of this size, or they will kill each other

3 small harlequins - should be in schools of 6-8, preferably more

2 rummy nose tetras - should be in schools of 6-8, preferably more

3 corys - which species?

kuhli loach - should be in groups of 5 or more, require larger tank footprint to cruise

In a tank this size, you should have perhaps your GBRs or 1 DG, one schooling species (preferably a small species), and perhaps pygmy corys

Not really jst wen i go near the tank the gouramis chase each other abit and so go the rams but i think thats because they think that they are gettin feed as all the other times they are fine and i do water changes every 1 and a bit weeks. They all also seem fine with no unusual behaviour .

See i started with jst 2 male gouramis and 3 female then all the females died and i was left with 2 males but they dont bother each other that much for some reason n my lps said that the 3 harlequins would be ok and should school with the rummy nose ( as they was omly 2 rummy nose left ) but it seems they were lieing :/ n i have a bronze cory a spotted cpry and a pygmy cory

Schooling fish should be in groups of at least 5 or 6. More is ALWAYS better.

In a 65 litre tank i have :
2 GBR
2 dwarf gouramis
3 small harlequins
2 rummy nose tetras
3 corys and a kuhli loach

There is plenty of plants and alot of caves and i also have a good filter that can be used for a 110 litre tank

It could use some tweeking. I think you need to get rid of one gourami and one ram, and add 3 more harlequins, and 4 more of the rummynose. Then you need to decide between the kuhli's and the cories. If you go with the kuhli's you need 4 more, and if you go with the cories, ideally you would go with 6 of the same species, and not the bronze because they are too big.

Siva hit the nail on the head.

Maybe 1 more single fish that stays near the top. A swordtail or molly. Because alot of those fish stay towards the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom