Is my tank over stocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deano320

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have recently bought a second hand juwel 180 tank which came with live plants and fish! Just wondering is my tank over stocked or ok??

1 x bristlenose pleco
1 x gold gourami
1 x anglefish
2 x golden severum
3 x bleeding heart tetra
7 x harlequin barbs
4 x rummynose tetras
1 x sailfin molly

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G901F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your Tank

Hello Dean...

You already have the fish, so all you need to do is take good care of them. A 45 gallon tank is good sized for most fish. So, just remove and replace a lot of the tank water and do it every week. Add some floating plants too. They'll help keep the tank water a bit cleaner between water changes.

Hopefully, you did some research to make sure the fish will get along with one another. If they do, then pay close attention to the tank water and keep it clean, then the fish will be fine.

B

If this is a 47 gallon it is with the 2 gold severums. Take them out of the stock and I think you are fine. a 36" long is a little small for the severums.

Tank is 55 gallon and 40" long! Is that still too small for the severums??

Tank is 55 gallon and 40" long! Is that still too small for the severums??

I think its doable then most say 55 gallon and 48" x 12" when full grown but you are real close. Just watch the water quality and stay up on water changes and you should be good. I would say you are at max though.

Back
Top Bottom