Is the Fluval Edge 46l light good enough for plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toasted Tyrant

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm in the middle of cycling my first tank and have had trouble with some of the plants - some of their leaves are starting to go yellow/brown. In particular the Cryptocoryne x willisii. The assistant in my lfs said that my substrate (proflora start under grey sand) is ok but the light in the Fluval Edge is not intensive enough. He told me to buy some extra lighting. Is this really needed? (I've seen plenty of photos of the FE 46l planted up)

Thx.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396921834.611197.jpg

All these have been in the Edge tank for 2 months. I just found out that they were needing supplements that I've just started (the small one on the right leaves lost all color)

Thanks for the advice. I've put some supplement in now. Let's see what happens...

First of all you'd be better posting this in the planted section.

Crypt plants are low light level plants and as such should be ok in your light. They are however heavy root feeders. They need root tabs placed deep into the substrate nearby to provide them with the nutrients they need. Seachem do good root tabs

Thanks. I've read-up a bit more and this makes sense.

It's these little costs that I wasn't expecting when I first started out. It's all exciting but I suppose this steep learning curve was always going to be expensive.

Haha you think root tabs are expensive. Do some research into high tech tanks. Then you'll see expensive lol

Back
Top Bottom