Is there something wrong with my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FISHES

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is something wrong with my fishes?? They are going to the surface to get air. It just happened today. In my 10 gal tank. Water parameter are normal. Air pump in. 2 live plants. 1 fake plant. 1 hiding place. 1glass dolphin.

Attachments

• image-3044981585.jpg
    image-3044981585.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 63
What's the temperature in the tank? Warmer water holds less oxygen. Also, I can't tell from the picture, what fish do you have in there?

Its about 75* and 2 goldfish and 2 albino cory

Goldfish like colder water, so that's probably why they are at the surface. They need LOTS of oxygen. If you have another tank, I would put the cories in it. They like warmer water.

What are your exact numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph? What are you using to test? What type of water change schedule do you follow?

Water test and ever 7 days i clean the tank

But the cory have been living in that temp for a while and expert goldfish keepers said the goldfish can live in the temp

75f is fine. How long have you had your fish? When was the last time you introduced a new fish? Are they gulping at the surface?

Had one albino for 2 weeks the other 4 months. Goldfishes 2 weeks ago. Introduced a new fish 2 weeks ago

They arent gulping anymore once i increased the air pump giving out the air

Back
Top Bottom