Is this aiptasiidae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

canadian_eh

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got my first ever load of lr and found something on it that looks to me ( from looking at the hitchiker faq ) like aiptasiidae. What do you think.

Also this is my first attempt at posting a pic so my appologies if this doesn't work.

canadian_eh said:
Thanks.. i'll pick some up tonight. Its the only thing alive in my tank right now though :(

I soooo highly doubt this, with LR you are hard pressed to NOT have something living in your tank, especially with good water. I find new stuff on mine all the time!!!

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just saying, watch, you might be surpised what you see, haha.

HTH, Joshua...

Oh yeah sorry didn't mean it that way...just meant that I can see right now.

I'm checking hourly for new stuff :) Sure wish I could have afforded lr.com shipping to Canada though.

hey, i'm new on this board, but i have a bunch of aiptasias in my tank too. i used to just take the rocks out of my tank and put em in a 10 gal and i coated em with that aiptasia stop stuff and it smelled like tobasco sauce. so i used tobasco sauce all over the rocks in the quarantine tank. it worked pretty well but after i clean the rock up and throw it back into the tank. after all that work they just came back. so, i threw a couple of peppermint shrimps in there and they took care of all the little aiptasias. i still have to worry about the big aiptasias. will a copperband butterfly be compatible with the shrimps? and how hardy are they? thx!

Back
Top Bottom