is this bad?????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok well, that whole algae thing you have a question about, is happening because your tank is still pretty young. I'm not entirely sure about the maturity of tanks and all.. but i'm pretty sure that as your tank matures, that algae production will decrease over time. You can help it though, by making sure no nitrates or phosphates are present in the water column. Just test for them, and use macroalgae, since that is good algae that will eat up excess nutrients and nitrates/phosphates in your tank.

Also, i wouldn't really suggest putting that rock from your FW tanks in to your SW tank. What kind of rock is it? Is it that red coloured rock that you get from petsmart or whatever? I think it's called tufa stone or something. I mean.. you can definitely use it.. but i wouldn't since it has been in another tank of yours. You don't really know what has been absorbed in to the rock.. which could leach out and cause reactions in your SW tank. Have you ever medicated the FW tanks those rocks are coming from? The rock can absorb those chemicals, and while they may not be lethal to FW.. if they leach out of the rock.. it could very well destroy your SW tanks ecosystem. Even if you boil or bleach the rocks.. it won't be fully absorbed by the rock. I would advise against it.. but if you want to take your chances.. that is up to you lol.

Also, as long as your PWC water is moving, and the water is not stagnant.. you can continue to run it, without it ever going bad. You don't really need a heater in there.. but circulation is a must. I have left over PWC water from a long time ago which still have a PW circulating it and i use it whenever i need it. I always test that water just incase though.. but it always comes up clean.

oh ok cool cause i letf the PH there incase i need it, i never treated the tank while i had it that used to be a huge betta tank but end up getting rid of the bettas, and its not the red kind its actually gray and its very potous ill look for a pic of them and post them up

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom