is this bad?????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the pickling lime mixture because I can make it thinner for wider areas or thicker to nuke just one big nasty one.

well i went to a few stores ans the one that had it and it was opened so i order some and i should get it by sat also i took the lr and put it on a ten gal wit a filter so there is water movement

sorry if i didn't post what happen earlier but i was adding some programs from work, anyways.... i shot the aiptasia and it seems to be dead i couldnt find the remaindings and im still looking for them, what could happen if i dont find them??????????

so far everything seems to be ok and i hope i font get them anymore, is aiptasia an usual problem or i just got luck and got one??????????????

The remains of the DEAD aptasia will decay in your tank, or get decomposed by bacteria. Do not worry too much about it. If it is dead.. then it is dead. No way to copulate if it is dead. It is also very possible that you just had ONE aptasia. They usually begin to multiply like rabbits once they feel they are safe to do so. So getting acclimated to your tank may slow them down a bit, and give you enough time to eradicate them. When i put a few small pieces of cured live rock in my tank to seed it.. i had just ONE aptasia lol. He was just chillin on the front panel of my tank. He wasn't really moving for a couple days.. so i did nothing about it. I soon figured out the hard way that they populate pretty hastily. Next morning i woke up to two of them chillin in the same spot the first one was. They were easy to grab so i just used a fishnet and scooped them out and smashed them like the jelly they are. Then flushed them down the toilet. No big deal.

But remember that just because you don't see them.. doesn't mean they are not there. Just keep an eye out for them and you will be fine. You are in an early stage of tank maturity right now, so it is still a good time to let things play out and kill any bad organisms that may cause harm to your tank, later on.

I have heard that if you pull them off the broken parts can float around and make more. My peppermint shrimp ate all mine then went rogue and started eating coral so I fed him to my friends scorpion fish. Not to be mean but he ate coral and no one would take him.

Thanks i have a few questions, im getting alot of algae on my sand but it disapears when i turn the lights are off and appear with in a few hours after the lights are on is there anything that i can do to control it, i have like 30 snalis 9 turbos, 5 nassaurus (or however they are called) and the rest some black snails, i have like 20 hermits that i think they are reproducin because i saw 2 really little ones, and 2 emerals but im planning on getting another emeral i saw one with big claws i think he might be a male, i had a goby but it desapeared, my other question is that i have like 50 or more lbs of lr but i want to add some more rock and i was wondering if i can use some rock that i used b4 on my fw tanks about 4 years ago after i wash them really good and boil them??????????? and how long can i keep my ro/di salt water mix if it had a pump and a heater b4 it goes bad????????

Back
Top Bottom