is this lighting bad good enough to keep anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eddiedellz

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have a shop light with an antic bulb and a 50/50
then a powercompact setup running 3" 65w 2lamps
10,000k dalight and 460nm antic i was wondering if i should
take away the normal floresents if they might cause a problem
ive been battleing alge before i added the powercompats so i lowerd
my light on time to 4 hours and added a phospate remover to my filter

any suggestions on what i should do with my lighting? oh and should i allow the lunar lights that came with the powercompats to be on 24 hours? it says on the box 24 hour lighting with lunar light but i dono there really low light looks nice.
thanks!
-Ed

What size tank?

I have my moon light on all the time. WHen the day lights are on the little led is over powered and you dont know its on.

the dementions of the tank are 48x13 and 25in high .. should i take away the regular floresents?

Fishfreek you are the first person I have read that keeps the moonlights on all the time. I think this is a good idea. I cant think of any drawbacks.....Would there be any for the fish>?

what about my diffrent style lighting? the pc lights on along with the regular floresent 50/50 & antic t12s

and a very tiny amount given its just an LED.

At 2'+ depth regular florecents wont do much of anything for the benifit of corals. For that size tank you should look at VHO, PC or even MH lighting.

well i do have the pc lighting along with the regular floresents i was wondering if both lightings would have negitive effects like grow more alge :T

The specitrum of the bulbs will be more of an impact than the types of bulbs.

The 50/50, 10k and actinics wont have a negitive effect on algae growth. ie it wont increase growth.

Back
Top Bottom