Is this ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaholic1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys. i've just got another tank (48"lengthX15.5"depthX20"hight) and i was thinking about a tiger oscar will this tank be big enough to house one? Cheers

I"m not sure, how many gallons is it? The quick search I did suggests that Oscars can get to 18" and should be in a 60-75 gal tank.

I would say no, it isn't even 55 gallons. Also the depth would barely be big enough for it to turn around in if they reach 18 inches.

Edit: please ignore- tank is 63 gallons

Ok thanks im not sure what to stock the tank with now lol. Its a 240l tank. Any ideas on what to have?

Oh wow Idk what I was thinking in my earlier post, but that's about 63 gallons. Sorry I should have calculated that earlier. Ummm maybe you can do a tiger oscar, but wait til someone else confirms

Oh haha thats good news. i wouldnt want to make the oscar feel stressed and i know i wont be getting a bigger tank for a while so if he can live in it with a fluval 305 canister then i'll be getting one. :) their 2inchs long in my lfs ATM for £6.50 which is less that half the price i've seen anywere.

Back
Top Bottom