Issues with Fluval co2 diffuser 88

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Specialk302

Aquarium Advice Activist
OK I bought two diffusers for my diy co2 systems and after 6 hours I haven't seen any bubbles in my tank I checked for leaks and nothing. So I was taking it apart and there was plenty of pressure. Cuz it went psssssh! So I checked the check valve and it was working so I removed the diffuser and tried to blow air through it with my mouth and nothing. I tried the second one and nothing as well. I tried to blow air through it like my life depended on it too and nothing am I doing something wrong??

Sent from the Starship Enterprise.

OK I bought two diffusers for my diy co2 systems and after 6 hours I haven't seen any bubbles in my tank I checked for leaks and nothing. So I was taking it apart and there was plenty of pressure. Cuz it went psssssh! So I checked the check valve and it was working so I removed the diffuser and tried to blow air through it with my mouth and nothing. I tried the second one and nothing as well. I tried to blow air through it like my life depended on it too and nothing am I doing something wrong??

I found a couple of old threads that say it may take a day before it starts working as the diffuser is built for injected co2 and the matching higher pressure. Also that you can't blow through them.

I tried the same diffuser with DYI and eventually gave up. Did not have the patience for this. Went back to directing the CO2 into the HOB filter intake. This worked fine in my case.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tomorrow I'm gonna buy some silicone and seal up my hoses and then try again. I'm using 3 water bottles as my set up. 2 of them have the mixture and then both of them go into a empty water bottle kinda like a separator then it goes into the tank. I added the 3rd bottle so none of the sugar or yeast go in to the tank

Back
Top Bottom