It has TEETH... ;-/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Verbalkint

Aquarium Advice Activist
What the heck is this thing?

IMG_3231.sized.jpg

I was thining it looked a bit like the Sarlac, on Dantooine. But then again, its in my tank, so I've no idea. ;-)

It looks like some of the tunicates I got on my liverocks.com rock. ( there appears to be a second one beside the teethy one. ) Does it react to light? Touch?

That's just creepy....

PUT YOUR FINGER IN IT!!!! C'mon do it.. you know you wanna...

man if something like that showed up on my LR... I'd be scared....

My live rock just has some white tubes on it... with fluffy things coming out of the ends of it.... (nice terminology i have.. haha)

I beleive from the looks that is a snail, the common name escapes me, but I know it's in Julian Sprungs Invertabrates a quick reference guide. I have some in my tank(they breed quit readily). Some kind are reported to eat SPS corals but I haven't experienced that.

Karl

I have some in my tank as well, I believe. They close up kinda like bivalves sometimes.. I'm guessing some type of filter feeder?

I agree with Fluff that it's a tunicate. If you look to the right of the 'one with teeth' you can see a smaller opening. Classic tunicate pattern, with 2 openings. 8)

Does the opening move? Get larger or smaller? Respond to you in any way? Or does it not move at all?

Back
Top Bottom