It's friday, WC day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ricky 1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
:dance: I love WC day, I have a python which makes life a lot easier, I always feed my fish an hour before starting, towels down, get set up, clean the filters, clean inside the tank glass, then set my python going, clean off the substrate, remove any dead plant leaf, etc. get the temperature right,flick a switch and refill, Question........ when do you put the DE chlorinate in, I do half at start and then the rest as I finish and always keep the pump off.........

You put it in right before you start refilling and dose enough for the entire tank volume.

:dance: I love WC day, I have a python which makes life a lot easier, I always feed my fish an hour before starting, towels down, get set up, clean the filters, clean inside the tank glass, then set my python going, clean off the substrate, remove any dead plant leaf, etc. get the temperature right,flick a switch and refill, Question........ when do you put the DE chlorinate in, I do half at start and then the rest as I finish and always keep the pump off.........

On feeding- personally I would recommend giving your fish more time to digest their meal before a water change. Or wait a while after the water change, then feed. I do my water change Sat. morning, and wait until evening to feed. Many people skip feeding one day a week, and do the water change on the same day.

+1 add enough de-chlor for the entire tank volume after you finish removing water.

I dose for the whole tank as well just as I start adding water back. I specifically add into the incoming water stream so it gets mixed in faster.

+1 to feeding a while after water change. I think a 1.5-2hr buffer either before or after water change is a good feeding procedure.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom