It's Playsand season. Shout out when you find some!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"will this thread ever be deleted? have you seen the last post...back in 2003."
It was pretty late at night and i was looking at the Join dates...hahaha oops.

dscount said:
Man I just wish the west coast carried this stuff.
Some Home Depots will order it from another store. Get the SKU, talk to the store manager, and don't say you're using it for an aquarium. You may get lucky and have a helpful manager.

SOUTHDOWN,OLD CASTLE, and YARDRIGHT SUCK!!

Is anyone else tired of not being able to find any of the subject listed brands? Who wants to pay for dang Caribsea ..which is a Monopoly? Not me! Just needed to vent that thanks John

check with Toys -R-US
wal-mart is also carring sand
use caution no one seems to know if it ag based or not so be sure to take a bit of vinegar to verify

I'm located in Northern Cali (Sacramento area) and I'm trying to find a Home Depot/Lowes that carries play sand that I can use to start my 60 Gal. SW tank. I hear the right type is only found on the East Coast. Help please.

If anyone finds an online source, PM me a URL - I need a couple hundred pounds for my new 180.

I just bought 10 bags of white play sand at Wally World! It's branded "Kolor Scape" and distributed by Old Castle. 2.98 for a 40# bag $32 for 400 lbs of sand!
They have palllets full of the stuff!

Dave

Scooby said:
I just bought 10 bags of white play sand at Wally World! It's branded "Kolor Scape" and distributed by Old Castle. 2.98 for a 40# bag $32 for 400 lbs of sand!
They have palllets full of the stuff!

Dave
Is it agragate based or is it silicate based

One way to tell is use vinegar. Pour some on it and it should fizzle or foam up....

Yea but I dont wanna buy it and not have it work .And with all the road shut downs here going to walmart is a PITB

I took vinegar with me to Wal-Mart, Lowes and HD and tested them all there...

The kolorscape sand has been popular on these forums it seems, and people have had good luck with it. I think it's going to slowly take over in the way that Southdown did. :)

Regardless if it's aragonite based or not, still fine for the tank. If you find a sand that you like that is silicate based, go for it. I agree aragonite is better, but I don't think it's mandatory.

Back
Top Bottom