It's so on now - 72g Reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I'm off tomorrow. If you do come up, give me a call. I've been itching to go out to F&F too and check out the new system, and I'd like to see BRKs new store too.

I plan on sleeping in, but will just be working around the house on the tank the rest of the day.

Oni, If only I had somewhere to put stuff I wouldve been there.

I met up with Allen today, we checked out the new BRK shop and the upgrades over at F&F. Afterwards, he was kind enough to run by my place and give me a hand for a few hours. We got the plumbing and everything disassembled, the stand has been moved indoors to where it will setup. The baffles have been glued into the sump and the tank's been painted.

Tomorrow, with the wife's beefy muscles, I get the tank indoors after the paint dries and get the plumbing back together. Water should be going in the tank tomorrow evening!

Good luck with the tank move. I am just about to take down my 75 for a couple months so that I can start over come April 1st. I will be out of town come March for most of the month and need to make the tank alittle easier to take care of so I am down gtading to the 20 gallon cube for the time being. I did finally get my RO/DI system hooked up so I should have water for the tank in a day and can start setting that up.

Jeez, like you've never watched paint dry before

IMG_2481.JPG

IMG_2482.JPG

IMG_2483.JPG

Hmmm....It's been at least 3 hours since the tank made it's way into the house. I wonder what things look like now...

Sparky and I need visual confirmation.

Soon - substrate is being rinsed and put in. 60 pounds in so far. I think 90 pounds is going to do it. I'm rinsing the last 30 pounds now - albeit I'm not rinsing it well, it's freaking cold outside. lol

Nothing a HOB filter and some filter floss can't fix though.

Hmm, I actually had a webcam around here somewhere. No idea where it is now though.

This will have to hold you guys over.

IMG_2485.JPG

Back
Top Bottom