I've created a monster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DepotFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My betta is so good in a community tank. He barely gets nippy at the other fish. But I've definately spoiled him. For a while I'd give him a little pinch of food in the top corner of the tank to make sure he was getting something before I fed the others. I didn't think he could compete. I was watching him eat today with the other fish and he's right in the middle of the herd of goldfish, getting more food than the goldfish each get! He had a few pellets and flakes right away, then he went for the big flakes. He ended up toting around half a dozen large flakes in his mouth for five minutes before giving up. They were too big for him to even see where he was swimming, he certainly couldn't eat them. And people wonder how we can have so much fun keeping fish as a pet! They're certainly more amusing than my cat.

That's too funny! Get your camera ready next time, that would make a great shot!

T

I can just picture it!! And yes, definately get some video! Hmmmm. My eyes have benn bigger than my stomach, but never bigger than my mouth. Guess I'd make a lousy fish. :D

reminds me, i have some good sized moonlight and kissing gouramis, who dwarf all my fish, so when it came to feeding, my balloon mollies would try and get their share still, and get in the frenzy with the gouramis, while the glass fish waited a good 2 inches below the action hoping to get flakes caught in the turbulence

Depotfish - that must be fun to watch ! what temp do you keep the tank at (my bettas like their water nice and warm). I definitely want to see pics of the food frenzy.
Since Mr Betta is such a hog you might want to consider soaking the food first - so much unsoaked dry food might not be so good for the guy.

awesome, but keep in mind goldfish require a water temp thast 68 degrees and tropical fish need a temp of at least 72

I keep my goldfish at tropical temps most of the time. Their digestion and growth rate is much better.

Back
Top Bottom