I've exhausted my sources. Need valve help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CGGorman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm trying to build a bubble-tight recharge valve setup for my Vortex filter. The one that came with it is junk.

Anybody know of a cheap source for compact 1/2"-3/4" 3-way ball valves or diverter valves? I'd prefer plastic valves, but I'd consider brass at this point. Don't want to spend more than $50 for the valve setup.

I tried some Supreme Pondmaster diverter valves. They leak like seives even after spending several hours deburring and tweaking with silicone grease and seals.

I have seen relatively cheap PCV ball valves of that size, but I wouldn't csll them compact. These are the type available from a plumbing supply.

You could look in the gardening center. They have diverters for garden hoses (up to 4 way selectable) all ball valve. they are PVC or plastic (also in brass or zinc planted) You just need the hose ends which they will also probably sell as repair kits for 3-4$.

The best source I've found for aquarium plumbing is Home depots irrigation department. they also have the white with red knob PVC valves listed above.

Back
Top Bottom