Jaguar cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Conneralbrecht

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got my jag today. Ive seen many different things to feed them on the internet. Just wondering what all of you feed yours.

Shrimp, romain lettuce, and hikari cichlids pellets.

You can feed them blood worms as well, and ghost shrimp.

I'm not sure if it's safe, but I plan on feeding my cichlids fry as I'm expecting my live bearers to breed a lot.

I would use a pellet for a staple food like New Life Spectrum or Hikari's Biogold is great to then feed weekly treats like prawns,fruit,veggies,bloodworms,nightcrawlers and the list goes on and on but I would stay away from feeders and live food due to possible disease( unless you grow and gutfeed your own) and stick with a good quality pellet.

Im currently feeding him guppies that ive had in my smaller tank for a number of months. Will it be hard to get him to take pellet food? Any tips i should know?

I've never had a probable with pellets. Cichlids eat usually eat whatever can fit in their mouths-like most fish.

Im currently feeding him guppies that ive had in my smaller tank for a number of months. Will it be hard to get him to take pellet food? Any tips i should know?

Don't feed them anything else if they refuse pellets then after a couple days of not eating they'll have no problem with the pellets.

Yes blood worms are a treat don't over do it due to the fact of high protein it can give them bloat.

Back
Top Bottom