Java fern issues (weird I know)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heck09

Aquarium Advice Freak
So for some reason I can't seem to get this gosh darn Java fern to not die on me!

I have had one for the last year in various tanks, 29, 25, 10, 5.5 and it always seems to die on me no matter where I put it

I'll have one little bunch survive and have some other rizomes shoot off it but it never gets more than about an inch tall, I thought this plant was supposed to be easy

If anyone has any idea of what could be going on let me know please, idk if it was just a crappy plant or if it's me doing something stupid

The light is never on for more than 9 hours a day, I dose flourish and leaf zone and excel, I have tied plants off high and low in the water column

Any help is appreciated as always, thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A pic would help to see what it looks like. What is the tank pH? GH/KH?

What plants are growing great for you, then which ones are going alright.

And which others have you had any problems with?

They like somewhat shaded areas in the tank and do fine without ferts but I have had them with no ferts and with liquid ferts dosed every few days and they would be fine.

So let's start with what you have going on presently so it can get figured out.

A pic would help to see what it looks like. What is the tank pH? GH/KH?

What plants are growing great for you, then which ones are going alright.

And which others have you had any problems with?

They like somewhat shaded areas in the tank and do fine without ferts but I have had them with no ferts and with liquid ferts dosed every few days and they would be fine.

So let's start with what you have going on presently so it can get figured out.

I threw them out cause they went pretty much gone, just one very brown leaf left

I have Anubis nana, crypt wendtii, crypt undulata red, green crypt, crypt balanse, Amazon swords, currently with no problems

I have also had wisteria, s repens, and rotalia before no issues

My ph is 7.6 gh stays around 200 kh I try to keep around 150

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom