Java fern plantlets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My dad told me it was a good time to pluck off the java fern plantlets cause he saw a lot. He was right, I got about 5-6. I put them in this little thing:

image-3802037217.jpg

I separated them from the main tank cause I had no space to put them.

How do the plants get their CO2 without the fish though? Should I add a pinch of of food every day?

Those are big plantlets! I take mine off long before they're that size haha. I know it's not actually co2 but you can try dosing co2 boost from API, it's worked well for me. Or try excel

Thanks! So they will grow under the light? Do I need to do water changes?

Bobjoefredsky said:
Thanks! So they will grow under the light? Do I need to do water changes?

Java fern does really well in low light but I don't know what you're using, they should be fine, since you don't have fish I would dose small amounts of flourish and excel or co2boost, they should do fine in there for now though

If you do water changes just use old tank water, since it will have no ammonia and will have nitrates for the plants to use. But I don't know if you Need to do it, I've never housed just plants

Zimmanski said:
Java fern does really well in low light but I don't know what you're using, they should be fine, since you don't have fish I would dose small amounts of flourish and excel or co2boost, they should do fine in there for now though

If you do water changes just use old tank water, since it will have no ammonia and will have nitrates for the plants to use. But I don't know if you Need to do it, I've never housed just plants

Yeah I'm currently using tank water from my community tank

Back
Top Bottom