java moss question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kribensis

Aquarium Advice Activist
Did ibset it up right? I used a sewing thread and spred out the java a bit. And just tied one string around the rock and one around the coconut. Or should I have tied it more times to make it flat on the rock and coconut?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121230_010844.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121230_010844.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 132
Sorry. The android app crashed a bunch of times when trying to upload a photo. Here is the other photo. Notice how I just have one string wraped around heach item. Will the Java moss hold? I was not sure if I would restrict it if I tied it in too many places. Thank you.

ForumRunner_20121230_010928.jpg

I only went around one of my rocks when putting java moss on it. It does anchor but only so much. If I were to redo it I would just tie it down with many more passes.

I only went around one of my rocks when putting java moss on it. It does anchor but only so much. If I were to redo it I would just tie it down with many more passes.

So you are saying I should tie it all down so it is flat? And is the my wife's Polyester sewing thread safe for the fish?

I have more moss sitting in a cup of tank water. But I have heard so many people say that java can take over your tank. How should I store the rest of it? Or can I just toss it in a tank and let it float ware it wants to?

I have never had a green thumb. I dont think I can even grow a cactus. So im real happy to have gotten this Java Moss.

I would tie it down more but see if you can find and use 100% cotton thread so over time the thread will dissolve and the moss will have already attached. The excess moss needs to be in the tank but I wouldn't want to just let it float as it can end up attaching on alot of different things. A great thing to use it breeder boxes. You can attach it and keep the moss in it. I use these for cuttings all the time and it works great.

Back
Top Bottom