Java Moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Giant Danio

Aquarium Advice Freak
Me teacher gave me some java moss for my tank but I didn't want it in my tank so I put it in a big pickle jar in my window and I want to know if it will grow and there is a snail in with the java moss to eat the algae because it's in my window so will it grow?

Because it's just a little Betta bowl ( I know you want at least 5 gallons a Betta but I saved it from the little cup at the pet store) and I don't know why I just don't want it in there it already has a big red plant and some fake lily pads mixed color gravel. I just don't want it in there but will it grow in the pickle jar

It will stay alive! I have a huge amount of java moss in a small container! And it's stayed green for over 1 month now!

It gets aquarium light rather than sunlight

Last edited by a moderator:
Ferts, or fertilizer, just like non-aquatic plants. Since you won't need much, I'd suggest getting a liquid fertilizer like Seachem's Flourish comprehensive. Without the fertilizer i'd suspect the java moss would die, i've tried growing it like that once with no success.

Because it's just a little Betta bowl ( I know you want at least 5 gallons a Betta but I saved it from the little cup at the pet store) and I don't know why I just don't want it in there it already has a big red plant and some fake lily pads mixed color gravel. I just don't want it in there but will it grow in the pickle jar

I don't get the logic here..we all saved them from little cups at the pet store.

siva said:
I don't get the logic here..we all saved them from little cups at the pet store.

I mean I saved him and gave him a better life because who knows someone might have never bought him and he lived half is life in there or someone might have given him a even more irresponsible home

Well, based on that logic, we could all do irresponsible things with all of our pets. Just sayin'.

siva said:
Well, based on that logic, we could all do irresponsible things with all of our pets. Just sayin'.

+1!! When u buy a betta from ur Lfs in a cup. They are probably already weaken! So u giving them 1 gallon fish bowl ain't gonna do much in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom