Jawfish behavior.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christopher311

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a yellow head jawfish in my 75 gallon fowler. 95% of the time he's hiding away in his burrow or floating just outside the entrance being very timid. Retreating inside At any suden movements. Then every few weeks there's a day like today where he's swimming all around the tank and hiding briefly is corners and around the rocks. But completely out in the open. Is this normal or a sign that something may be wrong with him? Do I have a senile fish?. Multiple personality disorder perhaps?

Mine does the hangs out in his burrow and watches me. Other then feeding time I hardly see him but he sees me lol. Sometimes he'll be out and a out then back to his home. I think that's what they do. They find a nice spot and just pop out to watch you. If I get to close or try and snap a pic he shoots back in his home. He even put old snail shells around his burrow.

I find that if a jawfish is hidden in a corner above ground it is being harrassed and no longer comfortable at its location. Any other jawfish in the tank by chance (they can be territorial)?

Back
Top Bottom