JAWS!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StripesTheEel

Aquarium Advice Addict
so recently my blue green chromis have been disappearing.. i started off with 10 or so and at last count i have 2.. i had no idea what the hell was happening.. but a couple a days ago i found one of them without theyre tail.. so i stuck around one night..and what i found amazed me.. my blue tang stalks them at night.. during the day theyre a little faster but when the blue lights at night are on the chromis seem to slow down alot.. my blue tang is about 19cm long and im just wondering if this has happened to anyone or why they think this is happening..? btw.. im not buying anymore chromis.. hahaha

As I read somewhere.... One rule of thumb to keep in mind, if a fish is small enough to fit into another's mouth, it will eventually make it there. :wink:

Sorry for your loss tho... :(

8)

Um.. that's how they destroy things in their area. Pick off their fins. Schooling chromis are exceedingly shy fish -- wouldn't surprise me that they've been picked off.... sounds familiar to my firefish. Had 6 at one point.. down to 1 in that tank.

But my reasoning is much more obvious: Niger Trigger. :D

..btw, not to thread-hack, but would an Undulated Trigger eat a Tiger Wrasse?

nah thats cool.. i have an undulate trigger in one of my tanks too.. hes in with 2 zebra morays.. i intro'd a XL lunar wrasse which was at least x3 the size of the undulate and he killed the wrasse in about 4 hours.. i'd like to think the undulate is one of the most aggressive triggers to have..!

Back
Top Bottom