jbj 28hqi build.... sorta.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
did anyone else know about this?

Ammonium Chloride Solution

I looked everywhere for places that would ship ammonia, but i could only buy it in cases.. this is cheap, and not going to last for the next 70 tanks that i dose, also its premeasured!

ok, so my nem just spit out 2 crab bodies, one looked like the remains of a porcelain, and the other was def a hermit... no wonder he kept deflating. I thought he was having some serious issues, but since he expelled the bodies he's looked the best ive ever seen him! so now i think he was doing that trying to get rid of the bodies.

S1350004 - Copy.jpg
I cut the rock the had the nem and zoa's on it to hopefully get them to show some skirt

S1350004 - Copy.jpg
the nem is very happy since i split the rock, and made a reflector

S1350007 - Copy.jpg
my qt is lookin pretty nice so far... cant wait for my jbj to arrive, its been nearly a month on the second one. about out of patience

tiny crab.jpg
Ive seen the claw of this guy a few times, he reaches out to eat algae i think? anyhow, last night was the first time a actually saw his body; amazingly enough I had the video camera in my hands so i snapped a few shots as well as a vid!

Attachments

• S1350006 - Copy.jpg
    S1350006 - Copy.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 103
S1340007 - Copy.jpg
does anyone have a clue what this thing is, there is a bunch of it on the rock, you can see like 3 other sets of it in this pic.

yeah, because i have already had the qt up and running for 2 months it's less of a build now... just transfer over the the livestock and rock. I dumped the sand in, i was using the bottle method and it was working awesome, but extremely slow and tyring to watch a 2yr old while attempting was not working so i ended up just dumping it all in and hopefully its clear in the morning so i can start moving things. I currently have 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 hermit-going to add another soon, 1 clown, a fighting conch, and 4 asterina snails. there were more asterinas but the hermit wanted to test their shells.... he did find one he liked but certainly went through enough of them. also my rescued zoa's are growing more heads, they haven't colored up much yet though; and i picked up a huge colony for 20bucks. they're not anything special but i like em.
oh and i have this crab that is growing by leaps and bounds, i was hoping to get a goby/shrimp pair, but im sure one or the other will perish and the crab is getting pretty large-my wife is dead set on keeping it, i want to return him to to ocean though...

Thats the plqn move everything over, leave some ceramic media in the tray for when i need to start the qt and go.

The tank is slightly cloudy, i can see the back wall...but not clearly at all.

Also my wife wanted to see what what fish i wanted pulled up images of firefish she points to the helfischi and goes thats pretty. I go iys 100 bucks i was thinking these and showed her the purple... Then she said find the "pretty" ones! Massive score for team bohanon

Back
Top Bottom