Josh's journey into planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xxwolfpackof1xx said:
off betta hunting for two tanks now. i love aquanids bettas but way to pricey

Yeah, especially with shipping. My petsmart has starting carrying deltas and half moons too. :)

same i think it was a coperate decision hm how long should i wait a week two? i dont want to spend to much cash yet either tiil i get my laptop

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
same i think it was a coperate decision hm how long should i wait a week two? i dont want to spend to much cash yet either tiil i get my laptop

Yeah, a week or two definitely. Add the schoolers first, then add the betta a week or so after. Idk... I might consider using the hex as a QT lol.

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
noo not my hex! and shouldn't the betta be first its most territorial

Lol, I didn't think so ;) you always put the most territorial last. That way the new guys aren't "invading" the bettas property, therefore minimizing aggression. :)

Homedog98 said:
Lol, I didn't think so ;) you always put the most territorial last. That way the new guys aren't "invading" the bettas property, therefore minimizing aggression. :)

duh its been a long day lol would black neons work with the regular?

in the next few weeks i may want to give some star grass trimmings away just a heads up also why isnt my dw leaching tannins? i only boiled it for 5-10min

Some driftwood never leaches. So lucky you! Lol. Mine didn't leach either... Just grew some weird stuff lol. Yours probably won't do that though since you bought it. :)

i wanted it to leach lol it did when i boiled it...maybe im not seeing anything because my filters jam packed with filter material and thats taking the tannins out

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
i wanted it to leach lol it did when i boiled it...maybe im not seeing anything because my filters jam packed with filter material and thats taking the tannins out

Remove any carbon... That aughta do it. ;)

O... Then yeah... Yours just doesn't have tannins I guess. I'm sure there are lots of members here that would LOVE to trade with you if you really want tannins lol.

im thinking of getting a fluval 105 because im working at the store and might be able to knock down the price even still i kinda want a canister or would i be better off gettin an AC50-70 which is cheaper but still good

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
105 is rated up to 25g i also want to upgrade to a 20-25g but i just cant afford a new light so im stuck with the 15

Ok then... Your obviously better at this then me lol. I'm a fan of HOB on anything under 55 gallons. It's just easier IMO. But hey, go for it if you can get a discount!

Back
Top Bottom