jumping mushrooms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeymourJives

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey everyone! i just have a question about some mushrooms

i have a rock with 7 different large mushroom corals on it. unfortunately, one of them jumped off and went into the back, and i'm afraid the others might do the same, because i've had this happen before with some different mushrooms. only with them, i figured they weren't happy with their location, so i trial-and-errored several locations and they all eventually just jumped off the rock. kind of frustrating

i had these guys in the perfect spot in my tank, until one day i had a collapse of some of my liverock and they had to get moved. now i'm worried that they don't like their new spot considering one jumped off of there, and quite frankly i am definitely afraid to move these guys now!

here's a picture of them, i'm not sure what type they are:

Attachments

• 100_2783.jpg
    100_2783.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 77
not much you can really do about this. They will always go where they want to.... Who knows what goes on in the mind of a mushroom?

IMO, mushrooms move due to to much flow. They will slid off and keep moving until they find a spot with the flow rate they like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom